Saturday, December 4, 2010

Yes I am Mean

Balls had her first basket ball game last friday night. I must admit I was a tidge bored watching basket ball after so much water polo. Anyways, Molls is on varsity this year. She had a great game. At half time the athletic director came over to chat it up with Matt and made a joke about starting to charge us for all the time Molly spends in the trainers office healing her wounds. Ha Ha we said...so funny... as if we haven't spent the big bucks already fixing her up from last years season.

This is what Molly looked like at the beginning of the 4th quarter...

And this my friends is what she looked like by the end of the 4th quarter.
Tragic.
Poor dear. Her teammate threw her a pass that was a smidge too high. Molly jumped for it and when she landed she apparently forgot you have to put your feet down first. She landed right on her knee. Everyone in the gym heard it. Sweet. Matt and I rushed down to the trainers office to find the poor little soul. When we got there Molls was grimacing in pain while the physical therapist twisted and prodded her poor little knee cap. I had to leave the room. It was very sad. Once I gained my composure and Molly stopped crying I did what every good mother would do. I asked the trainers to move over so I could get a picture for my blog. They stared at me like I was crazy. I said I needed it to document. Blogs are very important you see. While Molly was fussing about not wanting to be on my blog when she looked so horrendous, I explained to her that it was my journal and she shouldn't sass me about such things. Plus, I told her, you will look rad and then you can tell your kids how ferocious you were. Then she rolled her eyes at me because she gets embarrassed when I talk like that.


Come on my little hobalong...that's what I have had to say ten mill times since then.

And if any of you doubted how awesome of a sister I am I went right away to the movie store and rented John Tucker Must Die from the grumpiest movie lady that's ever existed and then waited on her hand and foot for the whole weekend...partly because I love her and partly because it takes an incredibly long time for an injured to make an egg sandwich.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

I heart you. And your posts. And that you took a picture of her in her moment of need. :)

the McLaughlin's said...

I love blogging Jessie. Please keep her around. And tell poor Molly sorry she has pics posted forever of her in a moment of need. I would have snuck the camera and deleted them:)

rachel said...

Hobolong???? LOL
Poor poor Molly.

Kirsten said...

I love John Tucker Must Die, it is one of my favs for sure. Sorry to hear about Molls, but I do love you for blogging it always cracks me up.

Kelli said...

This is classic! "I did what every good mother would do, I asked the trainers to move over so I could take a picture for my blog" LOL!!!!
I love it!