Okay so I'm getting a little obssesed with my blog but oh well...I don't know how I forgot to re-play this story earlier when I posted but it is a gem!
So last night I was wondering what we were going to do for dinner since we have no car and not too much to eat besides cereal...I'm thinking thinking...Pizza, that is easy. Matt wasn't getting home until close to ten so I decided to go ahead and just order a pizza so it would be there when he got home(what a nice wife).
There was no phone book in our apt. and no internet because the clubhouse was closed(we only get wireless at the clubhouse or the pool)...I'm resourcefull, I call 411 and ask for any pizza restaurante in El Paso...this confused the lady a little but we managed.
Ring Ring...Lady answers(you must imagine this conversation with a SLOW southern accent or it will not be effective)
Pizza Hut: May I get your # with area code first
Me: 541
Pizza Hut: 411?
Me: No, (a little louder) 541
Pizza Hut: 554?
Me: No F.I.V.E F.O.U.R O.N.E.....
Pizza Hut: and your name mam
Me: Jessie
Pizza Hut: Bessy?
Me: No JJJJEEEESSSSSIIIIEEEEE
Pizza Hut: Betsy?
Me: No J J Jessie...with a J
Pizza Hut: with a A? AAASSSYY??
Me: Seriously? It's just Jessie, with a J, like JJJJUICE
Pizza Hut: Oh sorry mam
Me: that's okay...I order and tell her our apt address(which is on the same street as the pizza hut I called)
Pizza Hut: I'm sorry mam can you spell that please?
Me: Zaragosa...Z. A. R.
Pizza Hut: Mariposa?
Me: It's the same street name as the store you are in right now...Z A R...are you even in El Paso?
Pizza Hut: No mam, I'm in San Antonio
Me: What?
Pizza Hut: This is the Pizza Hut call center...can I take your order?
Me: unbelievable...never mind thanks
Hang up
I am almost in tears...I was on the phone for 10 min. I was starving. Matt walks in, I tell him the story, he laughs at me, I get mad because I didn't think it was funny, we went out to Mexican with some other apex people...and I was happy again. End of story.
6 comments:
I'm going to call you Betsy from now on!! Too too funny!
I hate frustrating things like that that really shouldn't be difficult but for some reason just are. At least it makes for a good blogging post, right??
You made it to Texas Yahooo! And you have access to a pool, you must love that! I know I'm going to love these posts from the lonestar state. Only 8+ hours away, I feel so close! :) LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!
That is too funny! I can get used to a daily Jessie story...I mean Betsy story!
That is soooooo weird. The other night here in San Antonio we got a knock on the door, and it was a pizza hut delivery guy, saying he had a pizza for Betsy! We just said he had the wrong house, and sent him on his way! :)
Okay, I was still laughing from the last post I just read and this one got me going even more! I could picture the whole conversation and was cracking up the whole time!
Thanks for making me laugh today!
Alls well that ends well. That's what I always say...
Funny story.
Post a Comment