Sunday, September 13, 2009

Surprise!

I really can not believe that I have kept this a secret for a whole month! Well almost a secret...I'm sure I've told most of you...but I kept it a secret from Molly which of course was of utmost importance. Matt and I decided to have a Drive in Movie Surprise party for Molly's 15th b-day. It really was a blast. I have been planning and crafting for a month now! Thank goodness my neighbor/friend Melanie let me take over her house for the past week so I could craft it up without getting caught...and because I was working on it she "volunteered" to help me out. Thanks Mel! Matt lucked out and really didn't have to help much at all because of football.

So here's how it went down. We told Molly we were too busy to have a party this year. She threw a couple of fits. We took her out to dinner with some friends for her actual b-day, gave her some books, a gift card and a butterfinger. She wasn't too impressed and was still feeling a little sour that she couldn't have a party. In the meantime every night last week Melanie and I stayed up way too late painting, cutting, glittering...

Friday night Molly went to the football game. She was planning on spending the night with a friend. Her friend "left her necklace at our house" so they had to stop by and get it. When they did. Surprise! Melanie's husband was a trooper and was my husband for a day. He, along with my brother, hooked up all the lights, hung up the "movie screen", set up the sound system, and hung the decorations. It only took 5 hours and it was only 100 degrees outside.


Here are the pics...the lighting stinks on most of them. I should have started taking pictures earlier in the day. Bummer.

You can't see the screen very well but it looked amazing. I got a big white sheet and two small black sheets to cover the garage.

The Concession Stand

Candy Table

Popcorn Boxes that took FOREVER to cut out!


I got this awning idea from Kara's party blog...super easy and super cute!
Popcorn Cupcakes. Delish.


Wil wearing Molly's new party sweater she got from a friend. Pretty rad huh?
Charles and Melanie
Party Planners at your service
One downside to a surprise party is you might show up in your p.j.s


The boy in the blue is Molly's One True Love. His name is Bryce.

Look at all the ghosts that came to our party.
I loved planning the party so much I'm looking for an excuse to plan another one. I was thinking Halloween since I did that last year I have a lot of stuff already...hmmm...we shall see.
The end.

10 comments:

matt, camee, tyty, kaylee and jayce said...

oh my- are you kidding me... this is aMaZiNg!!!!!! you are too too cute!! I wish I was there to help you with this!! it looks like so much fun!! And i'm sure Molly was so surprised.... how fun!! yay for birthdays!! :o)

rachel said...

shut up
shut up
shut up

you are the best party thrower EVER! get your little tush up here and help me. i have THREE birthdays coming up next month.

you rock!
and molly is lucky to have you!!

the McLaughlin's said...

I would say you guys know how to make a girl feel special:) So fun! I have to say seeing that candy table made me go raid my kids candy from a parade we went to this last weekend...it looked so good. Happy Birthday Molly! And you too Jessie! I hope someone(Matt) made you feel special too!

lauri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauri said...

I bow down to your talent. You truly are the "Great & Powerful" crafter!
(Those cupcakes are the BEST!)

Margaret said...

See this is why you have to move back to Eugene. We would make such a team. Well, you would be the strongest member but still. I would hold your baby while you decorate. :)

Kristen Moss said...

UMMMM.... WOW!


I am so super-dooper impressed it is not even funny. That party looks absolutly FANTASTIC!!
What a lucky gal!

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

WOW, you guys have got to be the coolest parents/sister bro-in law in the whole world. That looks like so much fun and so much work. I would love for you to plan a party for me :) Molly is so lucky. YOu guys are awesome.

sebi & audra said...

hey this is way cute!! and looks like it was fun. I saw that you got one of your ideas from karas party blog. Did you know that she is my sister in law. you did great!

Kirsten said...

I am with Rachel, Shut up!!!

Holy Cow lady will you throw me a party?? That is the coolest thing ever. Molly is one lucky lady.