Old Room
New Room
On a side note I found this really great "dresser" at a new antique store down the street from our house. Someday I am going to sand it and paint it and sand it again. Someday I will make Matt paint our room a nice blue. Someday.
I really have been wanting an old fireplace mantle for our headboard...I saw it in a magazine and I was instantly smitten. But, since we live in good ol' Talent, that might take me some time to find. Instead my friend Anne gave me a great idea to use an old door instead. Just my luck that very weekend was Talent's city wide garage sale and I found an awesome old door for....1 dollar! Can you believe it? The dollar menu at McDonalds isn't even a dollar anymore. I didn't know you could buy things for a dollar. I have begun to throw my dollars on the ground like I do with pennies they have become so useless...no no not really. I do throw away my pennies because they weigh down my change drawer but that's as far as I take it. So someday this too will be sanded, painted, and then sanded and become our new headboard. Pretty rad huh?
SALLY-I am not contemporary. Really I'm not. Right? Right.
8 comments:
Uh-oh. Did I touch a nerve? I think the main contemporary I saw is just in your living room: your table, your couches, the light fixture over the table. The straight lines, etc. It's okay! It's pretty!
But to make you feel better, the cute shabby chic door and dresser you found are the antithesis of contemporary, so it all balances out, right? Right!
When it comes down to it, who cares what style something is labeled, as long as you like it and enjoy your surroundings?
I hope you know I was just teasing you Sally! I cring to think that I'm contemporary but clearly there is no shabby chicness in my living room...so...I know. I've crossed over to the dark side.
I'm not kidding when I ask you this. Will you help me plan my babies' room? Christian and Delaney are going to share a room and I am at a dead end on what colors to paint for a boy and a girl sharing a room. HELP me. You are soooooooo good with colors.
Seriously your living room looks so great. And I love love love love love love the buffet and door you bought!!!!!!!!!!!!
I said it before and I'll say it again. I love the green! Someday I will do cool things like that when I'm not living in an apartment. You just wait...
That dresser is amazing! As is the green. I love love love green. I even read a magazine article on how to decorate with green.
http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/decorating/decorating-color-green-00000000011473/page2.html
Look at the pictures. They are amazing.
love the new color!!! and i want that door!!! will you come help redecorate my house pleeeeese!!
Cute room it turned out awesome.
Wow, looks GREAT, Jessie!
Post a Comment