We all got up nice and early Sunday morning to go to church. We had to ride the ferry, ride the bus, walk forever and once we got there there was a big ol sign that said the building was CLOSED! We were so sad.
Wicked was the most AMAZING thing ever. I wish wish wish we could have gone to more shows...they are just so dang expensive, but SO worth it. I wish I was Ga-Lenda!
Empire State Building...I'm sure this was really cool BUT I took one look over the edge and went right back down. I thought I was going to barf. Everyone else thought it was rad...I think I could have done without.
Ground Zero
Between the plane ride, empire state building, subways, crazy taxi rides, brooklyn bridge and the tour boat I was not feeling too hot. I was so dizzy the whole trip, even after I got home. I was trying to go pee in the hotel and I almost fell off the toilet because I was so stinkin dizzy!
Ellis Island-This place was pretty cool to me. They had a museum inside with pictures and stories of people who came here. It was amazing to me to see so many pictures and names of real people that left everything behind to come to America. They also had a section where you could look up ancestors...that was pretty cool. We didn't have enough info to really find anyone we knew was related to us but it was still fun to look.
Brooklyn Bridge...this place was rad and all but I coulnd't get passed my queasy-ness long enough to really enjoy it. Matt thought it was funny and kept telling me to look up and everytime I did my knees would buckle and I felt like I was falling. I got queasy just looking at the pictures trying to decide which ones to post!
Here we are trying to find our way on the subway
um this might just be the scariest place on earth. Granted I was the only one who was scared but still...there are some WEIRD people down there! I thought we were going to get beat up by this guy sitting across from us. His "girl" was rather large with not too much covering her and a HUGE tatoo on her arm that said "love me forever big pimp". They were making out and whispering to each other the whole ride. Matt likes to stare at weird people as do I but I make sure to look away or not stare for too long...Matt hasn't mastered the art of people watching quite yet so Big Pimp kept looking over at us!
Grand Central Station
Last week at yankees Stadium! Matt loved getting to see the game...I loved getting to people watch. We saw some crazy fans. Had some expensive nachos and hotdogs. Saw the girl in front of us get beat up by her ex...they both talked like they were from the bronx...trust me it makes the story that much more intense. We saw some other drunken fights. We DIDN'T see Jeter break the record of hits hit in Yankee stadium...he struck out all three times. Overall it was a fun trip!
We LOVE New York...can't wait to go back when we're rich and famous!
8 comments:
Yes yes yes, you found your usb cord!! Look at all these fun posts.
I'm a bit bummed you didn't get a stealth photo of Big Pimp, though, dangit. That would've TOTALLY made this post RAD!
What a fun trip to NYC you had. I love the run down and the pics.
Wow you guys did so much in one weekend. It has taken me many trips to accomplish all of that. Sorry you were feeling dizzy, hope you are over it now. LOVE Wicked!!!! Glad you loved it too.
Thanks for the great post, it doesn't feel long when you have lots of great photos.
I am SO happy you got to see Wicked. It is coming to Portland again next March and I am going to take the three older kids. It will be my third time. (Greg has already been and I don't think it's Bennett's gig.)
I ♥ NY too! I dream of seeing Grease. We saw 42nd Street which I adored.
I'm glad you are back to posting. It makes me happy. Maybe I should get back to posting too now.
what a fun trip! NYC is the greatest place on earth...i am sorry you got dizzy. major sucakge!
and yes, the subways are completely freaky!!! I have seen many RATS down there and just about crap my pants every time!
Ummm...I like to read your blogs and pretend like we are BFFs.
When I saw Wicked I was close to crying because it was just that awesome. I cry a lot though, so I guess that isnt saying much is it?
I hope you are rocking out to the soundtrack in your car.
oopps...I almost forgot...I'm Erin, by the way!
I want to report that I read every word of this. So fun! You guys fit a lot of stuff in your few days there. I swear that NYC is the funnest place ever! We will all have to go back together some time
Oh man! So much to comment on, so little time. I just need to talk to you in person!
I read (and enjoyed) every word. Looks like a great time!
Post a Comment