Saturday, July 12, 2008

What Country Do I Live In?



Molly, Audra and I decided to go shopping today in downtown Laredo. The Laredo magazine described it as...
"Where visitors can experience the old world charm of the huslte and bustle of downtown bargain shopping. Lace up your walking shoes, thorw on some SPF and get ready for a shopping experience unlike any other."
A shopping experience unlike any other was an understatement! We headed north for the shopping experience of a lifetime, to our surprise when we got there it was RIGHT ON THE BORDER. I mean the street we were on was where people were walking across with their suitcases ready to shop! We were the ONLY white people that we saw all day and I'm pretty sure the only people who were speaking english. I have never felt so out of place...even when I went to Mexico. At least when I was on vacation in Mexico I was aware(and excited) that I was somewhere besides the United States and it was fun to experience something different. Today was so weird because I really didn't feel like I fit in, at all. It was the weirdest thing. Anyway we really did have fun...I'm not too sure that we'd go back down there again but maybe!







9 comments:

The Mad Dog said...

What the hell are you doing in Laredo?! Be very careful...I'm not being paranoid. It's very dangerous and exciting there. On a positive note: $1.00 U.S.= 10.35 MXN pesos...enjoy.

rachel said...

Should the momma in me be worried??
It seriously looks and sounds scary.
Come home soon!

rachel said...

Jessie and Mad Celt sitting in a tree...

haha!!

Don't forget to comment on everyone's blogs to email you.
Love you.
Come home safely!

Margaret said...

Weird stuff.

Eugene is looking better and better.☺

SusieQ said...

What an adventure you're on!!

Kelli W. said...

He he he! I know how it feels to be the only gringa and it feels wierd! So? Did you get any good buys? Let's see the goods! I hope Laredo goes well for you all. I'm glad your closer to S&S. Maybe if Laredo proves too tough you & Molly can hang out in San Antonio for awhile. Love you guys!

Margaret said...

I miss your posts! Thank goodness for your comments!♥

Margaret said...

Still missing your posts...☺

Brett/Jackie said...

Your pics and descriptions of Laredo make Ashland seem Heavenly. Glad to hear you guys are having fun. We miss you and hope to see you soon!