Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Dream Come True...With A Twist









When I was a little girl my mom would read me a book, Eloise in the Plaza, about a girl(who happened to look a lot like me!) who lived in a fancy hotel. Because of Eloise I have always LOVED hotels and dreamed of living in one...
We left El Paso on Sunday morning and started off our new adventure to Laredo Texas. After MANY long hours in the car, a few food stops and for me at least quite a few restroom stops we finally made it to San Antonio! We should have got there in the late afternoon but we didn't actually get there until 8:00...I guess that's what happens when you are caravaning with 8 cars and a moving truck.
We had a really good dinner at the Alamo Cafe(mexican food, my favorite) then we went to Spencer and Sara's house to spend the night. Sara and I broke our record for midnight chats and stayed up until 6 in the morning! Matt and I had to be up and out the door by 7:30...lets just say I was in quite a daze the rest of the day!
Our short trip to Laredo ended up being a long trip to Laredo since we encountered a few set backs....sick people, tropical storms, small bladders...
We were all excited to finially make it to our appartments and see what they were like. Dun Dun Dun...to be continued.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Laredo sounds....interesting.

Keep me posted!

Sally F said...

Uh-oh. I've been to Laredo. It's not pretty. Or safe. What are you doing there?!

Kirsten said...

I don't like the sound of this.... For sure take lots of pictures. No one ever tells stories of bliss it is always horror, so look on the bright side you will have a fantastic story to tell.

rachel said...

Have you watched the Eloise movies? They're our FAVORITES!!!!

Miss hearing from you...

the McLaughlin's said...

very ominous sounding with the dun, dun, dun. Lets hear more!