Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Dream Come True...With A Twist, Twist

So...After many long hours of anticipation for Laredo and our new home we finally arrived.


The dirt road paved out of gold to our house


Our new front door

Welcome home. As I'm sure you can imagine we were all a little surprised but still hopeful. The apartments are actually really nice inside, just an odd location. Come to find out we had no furniture, no running water and no power. What in the world are we going to do? We do what we have come to do best...we all go out to eat. This wasted a couple hours and gave us all a little boost of energy. When we got to our apartment the problems still were not resolved so we decided to get a "hotel". No one wanted to pay much so we settled on dun da da...LA HACIENDA!
Woohoo.



The next day we got moved to dun da da...EXTENDED STAY AMERICA.



This seemed more promising than La Hacienda and their poison hot breakfast...not so much. I'm pretty sure people really had extended their stay, indefinitely. There was no maid service, no hot breakfast and a never ending odor of fish and cigarettes that lingered in the hall way. Nice. Too many days of second hand smoke and nothing to do finally got to Camee and she got us moved over to the dun da da...
THE MARRIOTT.







Oh my heck THIS is my dream come true. This is the kind of hotel a girl could get used to living in! This is better than Christmas morning, can I seriously just tell you. They have everything you could ever want in the whole wide world right at your finger tips...including a grocery shopper that delivers your hearts desire right to your room! I'm never going to want to go back home.
We are waiting here until we get furniture in our apartments....hopefully that means we will be here for the next three months : )

4 comments:

Margaret said...

HAHA! Wow. What a great turn of events! Heavenly Father must really like you guys!☺

I sure do!♥

rachel said...

I am so jealous!!! I LOVE hotels! Love love love em.

Your post started freaking me out in the beginning of it. Yikes. I don't think I'll make plans to visit Laredo anytime soon. No thank you.

I truly hope the furniture doesn't show up in your apartments and you can enjoy the high life for longer.

Love you and miss you.
Keep us all updated. Your posts are a highlight.

Kirsten said...

I will cross my fingers that you never get furniture. What fun, like Rachel I LOVE hotels as well, especially Marriots : ) Glad that you didn't die in the first 2 places : )

Spence & Rach said...

This is Rachael Taylor Crittenden. Matt and I go way back to EFY when he and MattMo met. I am Abby's sister. Crazy to find your family! I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Your blog is funny. Tell Matt to check out our blog spencerandrachael.blogspot.com if he wants to catch up with us. And tell MattMo and his family Hello from all of us.
Rachael