Friday, June 6, 2008

Road Trip to Texas Day 1

Wow...this day has been long...where to start...
This morning Molls had her 8th grade graduation. I can't believe it...she is getting so old! I will have to post some pics once I get them loaded on here because she looked SO STINKIN CUTE! Right after grad we jumped in our pre-packed car and headed for I5...then I realized I had forgot our T.V. This could not possibly do...so we headed back home real quick to grab it. Since the car was already packed(I am an over achiever if I do say so myself) I kind of had to shove the t.v. in a spot that it didn't really fit...I had to just shut the door hard and give it a little booty shove and it stayed!
Then we drove and drove and drove.
And stopped to eat and eat and eat...and pay 4.59 for gas!!
Then we stopped in a yucky little town to stay the night...we had planned on staying in Bakersfield but since we stoped so many times it was late and I was tired. I have to start my story out by first telling you how much I LOVE staying in hotels...for reals it is like one of my favorite things in all the world to do sometimes I ask Matt if we can stay at the Hotel in our town just for fun(he ALWAYS says no!). I also have to say that I only like Hotels, because Motels have doors that are outside and I do not like that, I like them to be closed in like in a hallway. So we had two Motel choices and we picked Motel 8...I didn't like this idea from the beginning but didn't really want to keep driving. Well when we got out of the car this guy was going in too to check in. He had a fancy red sports car and loafers and shorts that were too short(these things are all a warning sign of a pervy old man). We go in and he was chatting to us about all sorts of things then his drivers license wasn't working(interesting...) and it was taking forever so he told the lady to get us checked in first. I said no thank you...who wants the pervy old man to know what room you are in? Not me! Then he left and went and sat in his car for a few minutes and a few more minutes and I was getting nervous that he was waiting for us to come out. So I decided to trick him and drive around the block a few times to see if he was still there and he WAS...barf literally...so I went in and told the lady that we wanted our money back. The lady said she wondered about him and thought he was being to chummy with us but assured us that all I needed to do was call her and she'd beat the *crap* out of him. I said that wouldn't be necessary, although I believed her without a doubt...she's been a bouncer at a bar for the last 20 years! Anywho we got our money back and left and felt much better. Now we are in a better MOTEL(Matt's cheapness is starting to wear off on me) and we are settling in for a great night of motel t.v. watching.

5 comments:

JAMIE said...

I am with you on the "hotel" just for fun. I use to do it all the time when I was single...I would just go to the HOtel for a night, just for a break and to enjoy a hotel.

That guy was really creepy, I would have reacted the same way. I think you guys were right in leaving.

YOu 2 just make me smile

rachel said...

Is Molly helping you drive??? ;)

ha ha.

PLEASE BE SAFE! I'm proud of you for listening to your intuition/the promptings and getting the heck out of that place and away from pervy guy. Yuck.

I, too, am a hotel lover with doors leading into hallways and the smell of chlorine from the fun pool down the hallway. My fave!

The Lakes said...

Kind of creepy! Glad you got out of there! Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the trip goes! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you are listening to those promptings too. Sure glad you made it safe and sound.
Love,]
Mom L

Margaret said...

Bleck. Scary stuff!!!

Matt IS wearing off on you!

Hotels are fun but not when one of your children throw up in the middle of the night...oh that's right you hate those stories. I will just stop there.

Ok Love you!