Monday, February 18, 2008

Family Home Evening

For FHE we decided to have a good old fashioned game of wall ball. It has been so sunny and warm that we wanted to be outside. I must say we were all excited, especially me because I used to be a wall ball champ back in the day!(I have a feeling this post is going to be all about me and how good I am, and since I am the one blogging I really can tell it however I want) Anywho...we went to Wal Mart and got a rad smiley face ball and started our tournement. We had lots of fun and I won A LOT much to Matt's dismay...and then just when we were really getting into it our ball poped. That's what you get when you spend 97 cents. Better luck next time. Also if you see an extra girl in our pictures its our new adopted daughter...acutally she goes to our ward and her mom just got married and moved away and Bree wanted to stay here and finish out her senior year so she is staying with us! Crazy times.


Who thinks Matt is excited to play?

Everyone was impressed with my ball skills


Malls Balls vs. Pattie



Not to brag but look at our sexy calves

This pic has nothing to do with wall ball I just want Molly's hair


Notice at the end Matt speaking spanish? That is because our favorite friend came by to sell us home made tamales...they come by once a month or so and barter us out of our money for the week, but I really can't say no. Plus they are good. Plus Plus they are nice and hot ready to eat!

This is Molly cheating and Me still wining...I challenge anyone to a game.

This is Matt wining and in my opinion being a very sore winner.

P.S. Has anyone asked themselves why we have such a white garage door when our house is green and yellow...oh that would be because I backed through our original door a few months ago because I was writing a check and forgot to open the door when I got in my car...so now until summer comes and we can paint our door will be white.

6 comments:

rachel said...

You put a smile on my face. Nice form of exercise, I might say. Wore me out just watching, geez! I am so envious of your "young married-ness" right now. OH, the energy! I miss it. I feel old.

You need to post about Molly's baptism! I can't wait to hear all about it. My sis was in town all weekend or I seriously would've contemplated driving down, really!!

Hugs to her... and of course YOU. ♥

rachel said...

P.S. Yes, I agree. VERY sexy calves!!!!

Margaret said...

Such a fun post!!! Fun to see you all playing together. Makes our Family Home Evening's seem lame-o. My kids would love to beat me at wall ball.

I didn't even notice the garage door. So, no worries...

Yes Yes...I want to hear about Molly's big day!

So what is the secret to sexy calves?

Sally F said...

Oh...if only I were in Oregon right now, I would definitely challenge you to wall ball! I was the Bailey Hill Elementary champion of 1985, you know!!! Seriously, I was!

My calves aren't nearly as sexy, though!

SusieQ said...

I wasn't asking myself about your garage door, I was asking myself why you have such a long driveway. It's awesome. I think of all the things kids could do with it...sidewalk chalk, ride bikes, basketball, etc.

Kelli W. said...

This made me smile so big! Your laugh is infectious! Thanks for sharing your fun with us.