
I am having a hard time putting into words what my heart feels inside. President Hinckley was such a sweet man and will always remain close to my heart.
Death never seems real to me, maybe that's because it isn't, not really, not with what we know about the Gospel. I had the strangest feeling thinking about what must be going on in Heaven right now, I feel like I got to see or feel a little glimpse of it and it gives me hope and joy. I feel like a little part of me is there rejoicing with them all. He is whole, healthy and reunited with his love. Amazing. What a blessing it is to die with such peace and excitement for what is greeting you on the other side.
6 comments:
I had similar impressions. Thinking of not only his sweets marjorie waiting there, but his siblings, parents, friends, other prophets. Those moments when we can think about it and feel just an earthly sample of what it must be like really testify to me of the Plan of Father. I am so so happy for them all. Yet sad that my little Addy, who prays nightly for her Prophet "Prinky Hinky" won't get to know him as I did. This post was so sweet. I love you Jess.
I just read your comment. Of course, we loved the same picture! :-) It is a very great loss. I will miss listening to his wonderful talks and feeling the Spirit that he always had about him!
What a tender post, Jessie. Thank you for your sincere and sweet thoughts put onto your blog for us to see.
He certainly was and IS a treasure to many of us.
I just read your post again... and something stood out to me that didn't the first time I read it. You mention you feel like a part of you is in Heaven rejoicing with them. My thoughts on this, Jessie, are that yes, a part of you IS indeed there. And how special that must be.
I sure love you.
I absolutely love the comment you made: "Death never seems real to me, maybe that's because it isn't, not really, not with what we know about the Gospel." It rings so true and causes me to ponder. I loved this post. Amen, and Amen.
What sweet and tender thoughts. I also love how you expressed that death isn't really "real". This is just one example of how the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings us peace and comfort, and it's almost as if our spirits right now are somehow rejoicing with the spirits in heaven for the arrival of their good friend! Then maybe we mourn and feel a loss because we aren't at the party. Love you Jessie!
Post a Comment